Monday, October 23, 2006

Addicted To Words

In a Desicritics piece, Richard Marcus confesses that he is addicted... to words -

I have a problem and the only thing for it is to confess to it and get on with my life. I don't know if they hold meetings for this or not, sort of like Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) does for alcoholics, but I will stand up in this public venue and say to you: My name is Richard Marcus and I'm addicted to words.

It's true - I have no control over this compulsion to use as many words as possible when writing something. If I can use two, even three words, instead of one, I will. Why else would there be such a creature called an adjectival phrase if we're not meant to use it?
Actually, Richard, err, you did use too many there!

Wicked Meter Rating: 6/10.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Wicked Comments: