Saturday, November 11, 2006

He Met Her in Istanbul

Is it possible to fall in love with a stranger? Two restless travelers find out; or do they? Scout writes a wicked story about love and wanderlust -

It was her. There was no mistaking it. She didn’t wear her hippy clothes, but a chic, understated dress and ballerina shoes. But still, she laughed the same way she’d laughed that evening in Istanbul (when all I had said to her "I envy you" was "Why?"). Her eyes sparkled and danced as she spoke to her friends.

Before I knew it, I had walked up to her and said, "Well, you can’t envy me, I don’t give you the permission."

She looked up at me, slightly puzzled but still smiling. The kind of look you give to random strangers who start spouting utter nonsense. Her frown deepened as she took me in, her smile faded before becoming broader as she recognized me. My stomach did a little jig inside me, she remembers, I thought.

"You took so long to think up a come-back eh?" she said.

And I was stumped again.

"Buy me coffee, while I wait for your dazzling wit to show up," she steered me into the cafe.

Listen to The Devil. If you haven't fallen in love at first sight, it isn't love, it's children playing house. Sigh.

Wicked Meter Rating: 8/10.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Wicked Comments: